Product Engineering Lead - Cloud Storage - Storage Engineering
We require a strong subject matter expert to globally head the Product Engineering pillar of Storage Engineering. As the global pillar head, you will play a critical role leading the design and implementation of the next generation storage systems for the firm's huge private and public cloud deployments. This role includes oversight of all analysis, evaluation, design, testing, integration and sustained engineering of cloud storage products, both on and off premise, for traditional hardware and software-defined solutions. You will be pivotal in developing the long-term architecture vision, strategy, and roadmaps for the firm's data storage and backup and recovery solution across the organization in conjunction with business objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Partner with stakeholders to understand their storage requirements and design solutions to enable their business both external and internal cloud
- Lead a technical, global team of storage product engineers to deliver these solutions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Over 2 years of experience with cloud storage systems for object (S3), file, block, and data protection
- Ability to lead a global, technical team, fostering collaboration and innovation while driving delivery
- Understanding of infrastructure resilience and disaster recovery
- Familiar with modern infrastructure management methods, including infrastructure as code
- Strong skills in Python and/or other scripting languagesStrong analytical, problem solving, and trouble shooting skills
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Strong NFS and UNIX skills are highly desired
- Experience with Elastic Search and Kibana
- Software development skills; test driven development
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top