Product Designer - Marquee
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs delivers digital products and services to our institutional clients. We design and build highly-scalable solutions allowing access to Goldman Sachs' content, data, analytics, risk and execution services. These solutions transform client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models. Our strategic initiatives disrupt the status-quo by innovating new businesses that unlock the power of Goldman Sachs for our clients.
Our team of engineers, designers, product managers and salespeople collaborate to drive progress within digital finance. We surround ourselves with big thinkers who thrive on tackling fresh challenges and uniting around a common vision. We move fast, embrace change and welcome fresh perspectives. Help us build the future of finance while positioned at the center of global markets.
Marquee product designers have tremendous responsibility in shaping the team's strategic vision, understanding and communicating user needs and working with teams across the firm to prototype and build new digital experiences. We are looking for experienced product designers who enjoy translating complex user needs into intuitive, simple and impactful products.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers and stakeholders to identify the problem, desired outcome and new opportunities
- Move design projects through the product design process, including discovery, concept, detailed design and implementation, facilitating progress at each stage
- Apply quantitative and qualitative user research methods iteratively to gain insights that guide your design decisions
- Analyze and visualize user journeys, flows, processes and relationships.
- Design, visualize and communicate the user experience for our products through concepts, maps, diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity visuals and other artifacts
- Apply a system and platform-thinking approach resulting in design patterns that fit well into the larger component-based product ecosystem
- Advocate for quality design while also acknowledging the constraints
- Portfolio that demonstrates experience in designing and shipping large-scale products
- Strong knowledge of UX principles and how they apply across web, desktop and mobile.
- Entrepreneurial drive and desire to work in a commercially focused, fast-paced environment
- Team player: Comfortable collaborating with fellow designers to deliver the best outcome
- Strong understanding of the product design process
- Ability to apply and facilitate iterative discovery, design thinking and co-creation methodologies
- Ability to understand, balance and solve for both business and user needs
- Experience with Sketch and Invision, as well as design systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field
- Experience with working in agile development environments, ideally in-house within an integrated product, engineering, and design team
- Experience with user research, including contextual inquiry and usability testing
- A passion for technology and a keen interest in financial markets, trading and math
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top