Process Designer - Workflow Team, Core Engineering
An exciting opportunity for a process design professional to join the Workflow team as part of the Process Design function which works to influence and drive process re-engineering and digitization initiatives across Goldman Sachs.
The Workflow team owns and manages a suite of products that is used to build applications that digitize business processes. The platform includes a core process orchestration engine and modular tools to support digitization. The toolset covers Workflow, Case Management, Decision Management, Document Digitization and Robotic Process Automation. We are continually evolving the platform to leverage best-in class solutions, both in-house and vendor built, that meet the complex digitization needs of our businesses and clients.
We are looking for an experienced Process Designer to work with our engineering and business clients on the full range of automation initiatives, from small and simple tasks through to complex end-to-end process automation. The successful applicant will be adept at communicating with a variety of different stakeholders and be able to convey ideas effectively to those audiences. Your passion for design and innovation will be infectious and you'll be able to demonstrate how you balance innovation and creative thinking with tight business constraints to provide solutions that drive real business value.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. Our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Partner with engineering and business clients across the firm to understand current-state processes, identify gaps and issues and design future-state processes that solve business problems and deliver business benefit to the organisation
- Provide training on how to design optimal business processes and assist teams to put this into practice
- Provide training and guidance on how to model business process designs using BPMN at both the conceptual and implementation level
- Become an subject matter expert (SME) in our tools in order to provide demos and in depth guidance on how to use them
- Advise on solution architecture and how to integrate our tools with GS systems and infrastructure
- Be the go-to person for Process Design excellence
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Significant experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to run workshops to drive requirements analysis and process design
- Team player - ability to build strong relationships with engineering colleagues both within the team and across our client base
- Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business
- Energetic self-starter with ability to manage multiple stakeholder engagements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in BPMN with demonstrable experience of solution delivery using Workflow
- Proven ability to operate at all levels of the design and implementation process - able to span conceptual modelling through to implementation modelling
- Significant process modelling experience with a BPMN tool (e.g.Camunda, Signavio etc.
- Good working understanding of system integration approaches such as REST APIs
- Good working understanding of data as it relates to business process design (inputs, outputs, events, state, metrics)
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or experience in Java, Groovy or SQL would be helpful
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top