Process Coordinator - Securities Division Operations - Salt Lake City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the globe. Alongside this integral service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Behind every trade executed, every new product launched, every market entered, and every transaction completed is an Operations team that develops the foundational processes and controls that make our business flow.
The Process Coordinator is a new role which will support multiple Operations Division functions and Goldman Sachs' businesses to deliver a superior client experience and fulfill a wide variety and high volume of activity aligned to the common goal of service excellence.
We are currently seeking motivated individuals to join our new and expanding Securities Division Operations Process Coordinator team. Securities Division Operations works in partnership with other GS teams to serve a variety of clients and aims to deliver leading market insight, risk management and execution, helping to raise money, invest, and transfer risk across financial asset classes.
Our people are our greatest asset in achieving everything we undertake. Choosing a career at Goldman Sachs means you will be able to showcase and hone your professional skillset, quality of work and be part of a collaborative team environment. You will have the opportunity to learn about a range of financial products and be part of a best-in-class operating environment.
In this role, you will focus on day-to-day client trade processing across a variety of markets, working to ensure that our business and client portfolios reflect activity accurately and promptly. Your ability to learn, adapt and collaborate will be highly valued as you interact with a range of internal teams and stakeholders across the globe. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained through exposure to a diverse range of products and markets along with a unique responsibility to contribute to various revenue-driven businesses.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
A Day in the Life
- Work cooperatively and professionally to provide excellent service to our clients and internal stakeholders
- Facilitate client trade processing requests
- Investigate and resolve trade discrepancies
- Work collaboratively with counterparties to resolve dynamic market transactions
- Create and reconcile payments to counterparties and clients
- Generate and send claim letters, follow-up with recipients and close out account receivables
- Monitor your workflow for potential risk and escalate issues appropriately
- Maintain an awareness of and act in accordance with team goals and Firm policies
This is currently a full-time, Monday - Friday position. We are seeking individuals who can start their workday at approximately 6am MT, 8am MT or 11am MT to optimize our coverage of financial exchanges.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior work experience in a business operations-oriented role
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Associate's Degree
- Proven ability to handle high-volume of requests accurately and efficiently
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach to work
- Ability to establish, cultivate and leverage internal relationships
- Professional and effective communication style (written and verbal)
- Prior experience with Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and workflow software
- Ability to recognize issues that require escalation and partner with the appropriate stakeholders to find a resolution
- Ability to identify operational risks and their impacts related to a specific task or procedure
- Prior experience in Financial Services is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Kelsey L.Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top