Private Wealth Management (PWM) Strats - CIMD
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
PWM is looking for a Strategist to join the team. As a Strategist in PWM, you will use your quantitative techniques and industry knowledge to help our asset management and private lending business. Projects typically span multiple asset classes and products and entail extensive interaction with the division's clients, portfolio managers, risk managers, marketers, salespeople and senior management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Working closely with portfolio managers and traders to build quantitative models and tools to streamline their trading and portfolio management process
- Designing and producing customized client-facing performance reporting, scenario analytics, and marketing materials
- Using machine learning and other quantitative techniques to identify new business and client opportunities
- Working closely with the Private Bank lending business to provide analytics, tools, and models for valuation and risk management
- Performing liquidity modeling, managing asset-liability risk, and building stress tests to help manage a large balance sheet that includes deposits, mortgages, loans and derivative hedges
- Developing and maintaining risk management tools across multiple asset classes for senior management, portfolio managers, and traders
- Building and maintaining infrastructure of Strategists' analytical systems
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
- Communications skills are essential
- Deep experience in a quantitative discipline
- Programming skills and/or math background are required
- Intelligence, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- A self-starter, should have ability to work independently as well as thrive in a team environment
Who We Are
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top