Private Wealth Management - Business Unit Manager - Los Angeles
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and certain non-profit organizations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
The Business Unit Manager, as a member of the Regional Management Team, plays a major role in managing the day to day operations of the office. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the Region Head on all aspects of office management, including people development and business strategy. The Business Unit Manager will also work closely with Private Wealth's Senior Management Team, along with key stakeholders and partners throughout the business. The position requires good knowledge of the Private Wealth Management industry complemented by strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Core member of Regional Management Team involved in executing and developing strategy to achieve local goals
- Assist local Regional Head in the overall supervision, management and running of the office
- Manage, develop and recruit regional office employees, including Private Wealth Advisors, Financial Analysts, Wealth Management Professionals, Financial Investment Professionals, Interns and Administrative Assistants
- Create annual strategy and performance targets for teams, and track business metrics for the office
- Ensure seamless daily business operations and client experience through close coordination with business partners in Operations, Compliance, Legal, Human Capital Management, Finance and Technology divisions
- Have a broad understanding of office's clients and largest prospective client opportunities
- Perform regulatory supervisory functions for the business
- Oversee office marketing, branding, and client engagement strategy
- Facilitate cross-functional efforts on a variety of national strategic initiatives and special projects related to business profitability, growth and operations
- Handle office budgeting process, expenses and procurement
- Manage personnel related issues, including employee training and development, performance reviews, compensation and promotion recommendations, and mentoring
- Ensure that all employees are in compliance with regulatory requirements, include registrations and series exams
- Resolve conflicts inter/intra-office
- Assist teams with strategically optimizing effectiveness and efficiency through best practice sharing and business planning
- Manage resource allocation decisions across teams
- Self-starter who takes ownership and can lead/manage projects independently
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build and foster a strong network of relationships; confidence to work closely with senior management
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- Highly organized and process oriented with strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Results-oriented: ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, handling multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered
- Good judgment and discretion, with ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion and care
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Teamwork orientation
- People and Project Management experience a plus
- Financial industry experience a plus
- Bachelors Degree required
- Series 7, 9, 66, 63 and 10 (must be obtained within first 3 months of employment)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top