Privacy Engineering Associate - Regulatory and Control
- Warsaw, Poland
Who We Look For - Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Privacy Engineering team is a part of the Goldman Sachs Core Engineering. The Privacy Office aims to preserve and enhance the firm's collective capability to protect personal information through coordination of engineering efforts to implement privacy by design and security and enabling divisions to implement processes and procedures designed to uphold data protection and privacy principles.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• We are seeking a candidate with excellent analytical, communication and co-ordination skills to support the Regulatory Control function within the Privacy Office.
• The role creates the opportunity for an individual to help build and execute centralized processes to achieve a globally consistent privacy program. This role will involve strong communication skills as will require building partnerships with teams and other stakeholders in engineering and all businesses
• Support of the centralized privacy program, with the flexibility to work on other global privacy initiatives as needed (e.g. programs supporting compliance with GDPR, India data protection obligations)
• Preparing materials and helping to coordinate working groups and steering groups related to privacy (e.g. to review new activities)
• Working closely with the firm's federated privacy governance framework and key senior stakeholders in Privacy Legal, Consumer Compliance, plus other areas with high concentrations of personal information
• Production of status reports, dashboards or presentations for senior management
• Creation of firmwide training opportunities, and delivery of training to new staff involved in privacy governance
• Monitoring central privacy mailboxes that may receive data subject requests
• Logging, routing and where necessary, assisting the fulfillment of data subject requests (e.g. under the conditions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) etc)
• Conducting data protection impact assessments and tracking commitments to conclusion
• Compilation and collection of operational and risk metrics related to privacy
• Work closely with engineering teams on requirements, plus delivery and testing of automated solutions to replace manual privacy processes
• Monitor the impact of the data breach to the impacted divisions and the firm
• Initiate incident post mortem (if needed), remediation and other follow-up actions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree or international equivalent
• 2-3 years of experience within the financial services industry
• Experienced at supporting enterprise wide programs and delivery
• Highly motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team and collaboration oriented environment
• Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow through skills.
• Strong analytical, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Information Governance principles
• Interest and experience in Privacy as a subject matter
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top