Principal Investment, Credit Investment, Associate, Mumbai
- Mumbai, India
Principal Investment(PI) invests in real estate equity and debt, corporate equity and debt, growth equity and infrastructure worldwide. Consisting of over 900 professionals in 25 offices in 15 countries, our business operates on a global platform and we are one of the largest managers of private capital globally.
Principle Investment Credit is one of the world's largest alternative credit investing platforms with c$60bn of AUM and investment professionals based in the US, Europe, Asia and Australia. On the private side, PI Credit originates investments across senior secured loans, mezzanine/holding company debt, convertibles, preferred equity and opportunistic credit. On the public side, through the Multi-Strategy Investing (MSI) platform, PI Credit brings a value-oriented investing mindset to investing across the capital structure in public companies and as well participating in opportunistic private transactions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The successful applicant will be a member of India PI, based out of Mumbai, and will help evaluate and manage credit investments in India. The applicant will work as part of small deal team, and be responsible for identifying, conducting due diligence on, structuring, executing and monitoring corporate debt investments. The role mainly consists of understanding industries and businesses, valuing companies, as well as execution of private transactions. The applicant must be able to interact with other members of the team, consultants and legal advisors, manage due diligence efforts and have the ability to extract and synthesize information from a variety of sources.
- Originating investment ideas across the product suite of PI Credit via early engagement with relevant parties (e.g., company management teams)
- Engaging in all aspects of due diligence and business analysis to develop and refine investment thesis
- Participating in structuring, negotiating and documenting investments
- Actively monitoring existing investments in the portfolio
- Building relationships with company's management teams and internal GS stakeholders
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong financial modeling with high proficiency in Excel and accounting skills
- Valuation skills with regards to various types of assets (equities, loans, bonds, real estate, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to requests and deadlines
- Passion for investing with specific interest in credit / other structured products
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master's in Business Administration or other post-graduate finance or accounting degree
- 3 years of prior investing and/or investment banking experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top