Prime Services Technology - Securities Lending Technology - Prime Services Technology, Associates Bangalore
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all
the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly
consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients'
needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
SECURITIES LENDING facilitates the short sale of securities, helping our clients manage risk and maintain liquidity. We offer industry-leading insights into global securities lending flow,
superior access to supply, and unparalleled borrow protection.
Securities Lending builds the technology that powers the Securities Lending business, in
which GS is the global market leader. We partner with Strats & Prod Dev to design and develop world-class in-house platforms that provide pretrade and trade functionality, trading analytics, reporting, and post trade operational functionality, ensuring our business maintains its competitive edge.
The Prime Services Clearing Technology team creates and enhances a suite of applications used to clear, process and report global listed and over-the-counter derivatives traded by Hedge Funds, Institutional investors, and internal firm trading desks. This includes both external connectivity to global clearing houses and exchanges, and internal trade matching, lifecycle management, and billing/reporting. The team works closely with our business and operations counterparts on product specifications and workflows. This gives team members the opportunity to learn about the wide variety of asset classes our clients trade, as well as having a direct impact on business efficiency in a technology-intensive business in which Goldman Sachs is a market leader. Client demands and high trading volumes put a constant pressure on us to look at new technology products available in the market place or in the firm. As a result, Prime Services is constantly expanding its platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain exposure to the latest technologies.
This will be a fantastic learning opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies applied at scale, get exposure to the business and operations, innovate and make a real impact the bottom line. We're looking for self-motivated people, driven to learn about technology and the business it supports, who voice their opinions, and drive the team forward through innovation and new ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• A wide variety of projects are active in the Prime Clearing Operations space and we have a long pipeline of proposed business solutions.
• The primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support one or more components of the distributed Listed Derivatives Clearing System
• The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment and support.
• The successful candidate will work closely with IT peers and Operations professionals to define behaviour, services, and interfaces for the tools under development
• The candidate is expected to work closely with colleagues and users in other regions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong analytical skills
• 2+ years of Core Java development experience (solid understanding of Core Java concepts and Design Patterns). Similar expertise with equivalent object oriented languages also considered (e.g. C++/C#).
• 2+ years RDBMS experience (Sybase or UDB preferred - able to write and analyze complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
• 2+ years OO design/development
• Strong communication skills
• Must be a self-starter
• Unix environment working experience
• Scripting (Perl/Python/Shell)
• Test Driven development
• Big data technology stack
• Financial market knowledge
• RESTful web services
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top