Prime Services Technology - Client Engagement Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients' needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
Client Engagement Engineering develops and manages software solutions that enhance the firm's relationships with its Prime Brokerage clients. The team partners with client-facing colleagues in Sales, Capital Introduction, and Consulting to engineer solutions focused on relationship management and non-transactional business activities. The team applies data capture and management, application development, and analysis to deliver actionable insights to leadership in Prime Brokerage, Equities, and throughout the firm. These insights are, in partnership with the business, applied toward understanding, designing, and improving the firm's processes and systems. Examples of projects the team engages in include: • Develop highly-customized scheduling web application for the conferences Prime Services organizes for its clients, and integrate with external event management vendors • Integrate and expand Salesforce CRM platform to drive efficiencies in sales process and client interaction • Centralize and standardize attribution and tracking of extraordinary revenue-enhancing efforts The candidate will use software development to improve Prime Brokerage's ability to meet the needs of its clients and other stakeholders.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Collaborate with our business partners to identify, understand, and address opportunities
• Analyze business problems, the data landscape, and tools available to design solutions
• Acquire, transform, and analyze disparate datasets housed across the firm
• Work in multiple languages to modify existing applications to meet new management needs
• When necessary, develop and maintain new, precisely-scoped applications
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree in a technical area (e.g. Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Engineering)
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Proficiency in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design, and core programming concepts
• Familiarity with Database systems (SQL or NoSQL)
• Enthusiastic, proactive, and driven individual with high degree of attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
• Experience across the SDLC including continuous integration and continuous deployment
• Proficiency in multiple programming or scripting languages
• Proficiency in data manipulation (SQL, ETL, reporting, etc.)
• Proficiency in front end development
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top