Portfolio Management Group, Wealth Management Professional, Analyst/Associate
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with strong work ethic, desire to work within a growing business, and ability to think outside the box? Wealth Management Professionals support all aspects of our US Portfolio Management Group from an operational and account management standpoint. The team is seeking professionals with an understanding of capital markets who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong organizational / communication skills, and a focus on client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing the ongoing operations of the Portfolio Management Group.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client’s particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
The US Portfolio Management Group (PMG) is a dedicated and experienced team that is responsible for managing multi-asset class discretionary mandates primarily for institutional clients. This team brings together the independent investment strategy of the Investment Strategy Group (ISG), a rigorous investment process and a broad range of implementation options, enabling them to construct risk-focused portfolios designed specially to each client’s unique considerations.
A Wealth Management Professional (WMP) in PMG provides relationship management and support to Private Wealth Management teams by focusing on client service, serving as a key liaison to clients’ advisors, and assisting in managing the investment process. The WMP will be a main point of contact for PWM teams with respect to the client onboarding process, as well as the ongoing operational experience for the client. WMPs play an integral role on the team in assisting with managing cashflows, portfolio rebalancing, trade booking, and data management.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Serve as a client service contact to clients / clients’ advisors
- Plan and manage the new account onboarding process, including documentation and funding supported by account opening and approval teams
- Assist on projects related to new business development and team strategic planning
- Assist in managing portfolio implementation / rebalancing
- Assist in managing cashflows and cash balances
- Serve as key liaison to other areas supporting the PMG business including Legal, Compliance, and Technology
- Execute process and reconcile trading and other investment related transactions.
- Analyze and reconcile team’s business
- Lead or participate in efforts to improve efficiencies
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
The US Portfolio Management Group business covers clients located throughout the United States
Basic QualificationsSKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or equivalent)
- Work both autonomously and collaboratively to serve as primary support for operational needs
- Manage all administrative aspects of client onboarding process for managed account strategies
- Highly organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Demonstrated interest in financial, economic, and global capital markets
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Creative thinker
- Proficiency in Windows Technology
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses (must obtain with the first 3 months)
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top