Platform - Technical Writer/Business Analyst
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Technical writer with business analyst and project management skills to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our internal product line. You'll work in collaboration with software engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use and understand.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Write and edit conceptual explanations, user procedures, and reference guides as technology needs evolve
- Write clear and unambiguous user-interface text and online help
- Work with internal teams to foster collaboration in defining product and documentation requirements
- Review documentation created by technical staff to ensure the accuracy and continuity of content and style
- Manage updates and revisions to documentation
- Analyze existing and planned production methods, focusing on reuse, single-sourcing, and minimal maintenance requirements
- Help research and develop design specifications and test scripts
- Maintain a library of product briefs, terminology, and reference resources
- Drive planning, organisation, development, and delivery of content for multiple clients, including engineering teams and firmwide business partners
- Build knowledge of the organisation, processes, stakeholders, and clients within multiple application and business domains
- Builds relationships with stakeholders across multiple business units and applications in order to understand client workflows and business needs
- Create and manage project control documentation, including requirements documentation and statements of work, timelines, etc
- Manage communications with stakeholders, project team, and business and IT management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to learn complex technical concepts quickly
- Ability to write, in explanatory and procedural styles, for technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong corporate presentation skills, with the ability to tailor messaging to different audiences
- Facility with graphics, diagramming, and presentation products
- Proficiency in standard office software, including Microsoft Office
- Experience with content management systems, workflows, and document-delivery methods
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral, with attention to detail; proofreading and visual layout skills a plus
- Ability to describe technical concepts and present them in a clear, professional and concise manner in both oral and written forms
- Organisational awareness and ability to collaborate across different levels and of the organisation.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and adapt new methodologies into executable workflows
- Basic familiarity with programming and markup languages
- Basic understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrable analytical and product management, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into operational and project requirements
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Bachelor's degree in English or journalism with work experience in a technology setting, or Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, with on-the-job writing experience
- Experience working as a technical writing or editing position
- Recent samples of professional writing (if prior non-disclosure constrains this, a brief writing test may be substituted)
- Proven track record of project management and delivery, with experience in managing simultaneous complex projects from inception to successful completion
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top