Platform - SDLC Engineer - London
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Responsible for the establishment and implementation the best in class development practices within GS engineering groups.
As part of the Platform group, you will be working in a team to uplift our SDLC platforms for all of Goldman Sachs engineering. Your work will allow our engineers to develop products faster, with higher quality, and improved performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Ensure SDLC platforms are current, standardized, scalable, available, and resilient
- Systemize, automate, or eliminate recurring tasks and issues
- Excel at building strong relationships with other engineers
- Enjoy collaboration and open to adopting new ideas
- Excited to grow your career with us and to lead projects/teams over time
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2-10+ of industry experience
- Prior experience in a Devops, SRE, Infrastructure, or System Admin role
- Experience working with complex application topologies and their supporting server side components
- Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus and influencing outcomes
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Happy to embrace and master new technologies
- Proficient with Linux and/or Windows
- Prior operational experience with SDLC stacks
- Working knowledge of Python and/or Perl
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top