Platform - SDLC Developer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The SDLC Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining the development tools, controls and processes used by over 8,000 engineers at Goldman Sachs. We need to balance uplift and ongoing improvement of the production environment and existing internal tooling, as well as bringing in Industry standard solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design component, as well as integration architecture, for large scale web applications
- Develop, test, and support features for globally deployed web apps
- Follow best practices throughout the SDLC process
- Participate in team-wide design and code reviews
- Engage with internal development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
- Provide technical guidance on established best practices to IT community and the business
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors Degree Qualification
- Overall 5 - 8 years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in developing Java-based applications
- A deep understanding of SDLC and the development toolchains
- Programming expertise in Angular JS, React JS, HTML5
- Experience with large scale data processing tools like Elastic Search and add on tools like Kibana, Logstash will be an added plus
- Experience integrating with Restful web services
- Working knowledge of using Gradle, Maven, SVN, and Atlassian products (e.g. JIRA)
- Analytical mindset, creativity, and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions and see through a complex problem set
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player; able to build effective relationships and encourage a collaborative working environment
- Energy, self-motivated, and independence to manage multiple tasks
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes
- Degree qualification in Computer Science or related field
- Proven experience across the SDLC
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top