Platform - Network Engineer
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Network Engineering is a global organization that is part of the Business platform unit based in multiple locations around the world. The Asia team develops products and solutions including networks hosting critical market data, exchange connectivity, network security and e-commerce services, the design of the physical network supporting the regional data center and inter-connectivity to regional offices across Asia. The team ensures that knowledge, best practice and expertise are shared between regions promoting teamwork and collaboration.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing new solutions for internal clients
- Working with internal clients to understand their requirements
- Translating client requirements into technology solutions
- Communicating the important technical and commercial attributes of solutions to clients in ways the client can understand
- Introduction, communication and development of strategic networking technologies to provide additional scalability and functionality
- Take an active role in the product lifecycle; new technology introduction through to demise
- Owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects in varying scale from small to very large
- Provide subject matter expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Video, Market Data, Compute, Storage, Information Security and Data Centre.
- Provide technical escalation for complex problems
- Working with networking product vendors and telecoms service providers with regards to all of the above
- Experience testing and planning the deployment of router and switch platforms
- In-depth knowledge of data centre design principles, products and protocols
- Good appreciation of Network Security architectures, models and methodologies, Authentication schemes, Encryption techniques and standards
- Extensive technical experience using many of the following: Cisco Routers, Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, IOS-XR, Juniper JunOS, GRE/IPSec, IDS/IPS, Security platforms and other Enterprise security related tools
- Design and product experience with firewalls' Juniper Netscreen/JunOs and Palo Alto
- Experience working on monitoring and resolving network security and breaches, relevant experience on Security hardening on various platforms. Familiar with industry best practices in network security
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Extensive experience with the management, internetworking design and implementation of networks
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good project management skills (large network deployments and cross-discipline project deliverables)
- Extensive technical experience in engineering and implementing networking technologies within a large Enterprise, preferably with some exposure to the Financial Sector.
- Appreciation of neighboring technologies: Market Data, Voice, Virtualization Computing and Multimedia
- Experience with automating Network functions is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top