Platform - Java Developer - BI Engineering - London
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- As a software engineer, you will be a key contributor in building a license inventory of BI vendor products to optimize the commercial use of various vendor tools
- There are opportunities for the successful candidate to work on a diverse set of Technology platforms and be involved in day to day coding and integrating with other firmwide Technologies
- We solve common platform problems across all Business Units and BI Tools engaging with all divisions across Goldman Sachs
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years' experience in software engineering
- Familiarity of Business Intelligence domain
- Proven record of producing robust and well-tested solutions
- A strong analytical and tenacious problem solving mind-set
- Good communications and collaboration skills with multiple geographically dispersed teams
- Knowledge of data architectures and data modelling
- Knowledge of Java, HTML, Java Scripting, and C#
- Some knowledge of BI Tools such as: QlikView, Tableau, BusinessObjects
- Working in a global diverse team
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in a global team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top