Platform - Global Data Center - Junior Developer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- To be successful this person will need to work closely with our network, cloud and provisioning teams to understand our existing systems and to identify areas of improvement that will enable us to drive automation throughout the technology stack
- This person will also need to look at the dependencies and relationships the existing systems have to other tools and to determine what is EOL and what will need to be re-engineered as part of our Software Defined Infrastructure strategy
- The role will initially commence with enhancements to existing systems. As this person progresses and learns additional languages, they will be asked to create next generation systems that will enable the data center and provisioning team to keep up with the demands of change in the environment
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science
- At least 2 years of software development experience
- Experience in object oriented and modern interpretive languages/frameworks (core Java/J2EE, Spring) in a Linux environment
- Strong communication skills with a track record of working and collaborating with global teams
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to handle several competing priorities at once
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of SDLC
- Analytical mindset, creativity, and commercial focus to delivery optimal solutions
- SQL knowledge
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top