Platform - Enterprise Reference Data Developer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Enterprise Platforms is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, EP solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm's culture of high-caliber software engineering.
The Reference Data Technology team is unusual in the breadth of exposure it offers to diverse GS businesses. Our applications and data tend to be integral to the innovation of new products and flows, new markets, and industry initiatives. You will enjoy a diverse range of challenges, and the opportunity to build knowledge and relationships in many parts of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Engage with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
- Collaborate with application development teams, and the development community at large, to analyze and resolve escalations
- Provide technical guidance on established best practices to IT community and the business
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
- Design and implement mid to large scale systems management software to automate existing tasks, streamline operations and improve productivity
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization
- Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
- Programming expertise in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Java, .NET, C++, Erlang (knowledge of Haskell, Lisp, Clojure, Scala or Prolog is a strong plus)
- Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business
- Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Hands on experience with Java 8, Sybase (preferred), Multi-tenant/cloud based application architectures, Familiarity with development SDLC
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top