Platform Engineer (VP) - CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs
- Richardson, TX
CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $97 billion in deposits, $8 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives
We're looking for an infrastructure cloud platform manager who wants to be part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. At Marcus we're leading the charge into cloud technologies and need experienced, motivated individuals to help us get there. Our ideal candidate is passionate about building high-scale highly available systems, knows their cloud technologies inside and out, and isn't afraid to try new and interesting approaches. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to grow themselves, grow a team, and help teams deploy exciting new products for our customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working with large-scale customer facing infrastructure in a production environment on a major cloud provider. You've likely been called an SRE, Infra, DevOps, or Platform Engineer before.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of 3-7 engineers via an agile system such as Jira.
- Experience in containerized deployments and cluster management systems. You should know what OCI and cgroups are as well as just Docker, Kubernetes, and ECS.
- Thorough understanding of common patterns for app and infrastructure management.
- Passionate about monitoring, observability, and sustainable infrastructure. You're the kind of person who never wants to be surprised by your infrastructure and when those surprises inevitably happen you want to have a wealth of information at your fingertips to solve problems fast.
- Familiarity with common programming languages, automation frameworks, and DevOps tools. Python, Go, Bash, Terraform, Ansible, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Strong communication, documentation, and people skills. We're a highly collaborative, team-focused culture and we interact with many partner teams so communicating well is required.
- Willing and able to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation. While none of us wants to wake up in the middle of the night we all know the unexpected will eventually happen and our customers, partners, and our team depend on us.
Additional responsibilities & expectations include:
- Have regular 1:1s with your reports and be responsive to their needs and career development.
- Coordinate with peer managers across regions and timezones to accomplish our objectives.
- Lead various technical and architectural discussions both within the team and across the organization. Able design and achieve partner team buy-in around high-quality technical solutions.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to fellow engineers. We believe strongly in the power of teamwork and raising each other up.
- Highly collaborative with a strong belief in continuous improvement.
- Ability to stay focused and calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the overall product and the success of the business, not just the infrastructure under your direct control.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top