Platform Engineer - Consumer Engineering - Cloud Infrastructure
- Bangalore, India
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed Windows Server 2016 systems required
- Familiarity with infrastructure migration, virtualization, cloud computing and containerization required
- 3-5 years working with major cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP) desired
- Experience with automation scripting languages. Terraform and Ansible preferred
- Able to work effectively across technology teams to analyze and resolve Infrastructure issues
- Demonstrable involvement with continuous improvement and automation initiatives, including patching and maintenance of production systems, required
- Working knowledge of Nagios, Prometheus and Splunk desired
- Experience and curiosity in debugging and optimizing code for routine task automation
- Identify defects, discrepancies, and trends by ways of troubleshooting
- Manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
- Improve Infrastructure stability and performance by observing patterns, recurring failures and/or issues, and advise application owners on permanent fixes accordingly
- Identify alerts / processes that can be automated and then work with Engineering team in automating them
- Actively participate in Change management process with view to manage risk in production environment
- Build and improve run books for generalists to minimize operational errors and gain fungibility/efficiency
- Develop reports that provide trending statistics to track and manage Infrastructure health and support service performance .
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top