Platform - Developer / System Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Platform is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, Platform solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm's culture of high-caliber software engineering. Management and design of 3 core technologies for the firm:
- A schedule based cross platform distributed computing system
- An on demand cross platform distributed computing system
- Software distribution
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Engage with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
• Collaborate with application development teams and the development community at large to analyze and resolve escalations
• Provide technical guidance on established best practices to IT community and the business
• Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
• Design and implement mid to large scale systems management software to automate existing tasks, streamline operations and improve productivity
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
• Highly knowledgeable of at least one of Linux, Windows and Solaris, Erlang, Python, Perl, C++, C, Java, SQL, shell scripting or Asynchronous frameworks
• Knowledgeable of many other areas of technology (networking, hardware, etc)
• Experience with distributed compute systems
• At least 5 years experience in a relevant role (sys administration, cgi programming, etc)
• Highly entrepreneurial and motivated
• Highly organized
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Some systems administration experience
• BSc / MSc / PhD in relevant field (Comp Sci, Maths, Physics)
• Experience managing performance, availability and scale of mid- to large-sized systems
• Proven experience with all stages in the lifecycle of large distributed systems: inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top