Platform Developer - Harmony - Data Quality Engineering
- Dallas, TX
WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs (GS) is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasizes integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
TEAM and ROLE OVERVIEW
Data Quality Engineer writes and manages software for GS central control and exception managing platform. The role in question is for our central control platform which reconciles internal data from majority of GS Ledgers / Risk systems and external data provides as Clearing Houses.
The team is a platform team that enables operations and other engineering teams to reconcile business data and manage breaks. The reconciliation platform is central to majority of business units in GS and their internal and regulatory control requirements.
We are building out our Dallas team, this is a unique opportunity to be part of starting up the function in Dallas. You will be a part of industry leading community spanning New York, Stockholm and Bangalore.
Development wise you will take part of the startup journey to uplift and cloud enable a central GS platform. The role is an excellent opportunity for someone who would like to work on business critical big data problems and are looking for opportunity to have an impact.
The role also lends itself very well to get insight and learn about majority of business units and their middle and back office processing (ranging from equity and derivatives trading to consumer banking).
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering Field
- 3+ years Java development experience with Object Oriented Analysis, Design and testing best practices.
- Working knowledge in one or more SQL dialects
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, Linux, file systems
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- One or more of the below:
- Practical experience of Kubernetes /Docker
- Practical experience of Big Data frameworks/methodologies as: Map Reduce/Spark/Flink
- Practical experience with Terraform
- Practical experience Prometheus or Open Telemetry
- Practical experience in breaking down user requirements to generic platform requirements
- Strong analytical mindset, self-motivated, independent, creative, can solve interesting and sometimes difficult technical problems under time pressure and resource constraints
- Commercially focused; seeks to understand the requirements and how they will benefit our clients, stakeholders, and business
- Experience with all stages in the development lifecycle: inception, analysis, design, review, testing, and deployment
- Good sense of user interaction and usability design to provide an intuitive, seamless end user experience.
- Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues in a diverse global organization
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience working directly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top