MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our engineers solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems in financial services via collaboration and innovation. We build parallel systems, analyzes oceans of data, architect and implement scalable and reliable infrastructure, proactively guard against cyber threats, and continuously deliver technology solutions to connect people and capital for a better economy. Engineering division is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit and lead technology possibilities? Start here.
Who We Are
The Developer Experience team helps deliver the firm's vision of "One Goldman Sachs" by unifying the institutional client experience, creating a product-first API ecosystem, and by implementing a consolidated approach for external digital experiences across Goldman Sachs. The API Management Platform team within Developer Experience is responsible for building out an API economy for Goldman Sachs, with an API-first approach. We architect and implement API publishing, hosting, cataloging, management and analytics services using custom built components, industry frameworks and varying design patterns like service meshes and specifications like GraphQL.
As a developer on this team, you will be an essential part of this new and exciting initiative to build the "financial cloud". You will enable new businesses and reshape evolving ones. We will together transform the financial technology landscape, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
As part of our global API Management Platform team you will work on various components as a Software Engineer. Your role includes specification, development, and the testing and rollout of new features. You are expected to contribute to the vision, understand our product roadmap, integrate business value with experience, and contribute to building an engineering culture within the team. We expect the successful candidate to deliver high quality software and to be passionate about software engineering. You must have a proficient understanding of software development concepts and a good understanding of Cloud concepts.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Architect and implement the API management ecosystem, including development, publication, deployment, hosting, data analytics, monitoring and cost modelling
• Define guidelines and best practices in API specification, development, standards and lifecycle management
• Stay abreast of and apply cutting edge technologies and patterns to build scalable, performant and secure API infrastructure
• Engage with business teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of technology solutions
• Partner with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP and Azure to shape the future of public cloud services for finance industry
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong technical ability, willing to learn and evolve your skills with advances in technology
• Team player, eager to work and collaborate in a global rapidly developing organization
• Strong leadership skills, motivates team members and manage projects
• Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus
• Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues as needed
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor or Advanced Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge and experience of cloud technologies and tooling
• Experience with API development, data analytics platforms and tools
• Working knowledge of Golang or/and Lua languages
• Technical leadership experience of 2+ years
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB