Platform - DDI Engineering - London
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
This role is within the Foundational Engineering group of Goldman Sachs Engineering responsible for cross-platform enterprise critical services (secure infrastructure environments, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, Time Services, etc.). We are expanding our global team.
Our solutions cover core runtime systems that all business lines and the enterprise of Goldman Sachs rely on and use 24x7. We manage the runtime with a blend of in-house built and commercial software systems that we own, build and run in the team. We must be expert in both our infrastructure runtime services and the software stack that manages them and so our engineers have the opportunity to use and develop their skills in both.
You will have an infrastructure development background with experience encompassing the full system development lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to be involved in requirements gathering, design, architecture, implementation and support for solutions in Foundational Engineering. You will be comfortable communicating with a range of technical teams across a geographically diverse environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- We build high performance and stable runtime infrastructure services across our global install base
- You will have the opportunity to select, build, measure and implement your solutions in a global enterprise environment
- You will have a deep technical understanding of your technology area and be able to demonstrate a track record of development in the related skills
- You will have worked with developer best practices and understand the value of rigorous testing at all stages of development
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong Java enterprise development background with experience encompassing the full software development lifecycle. Developing REST APIs used by the enterprise
- Demonstrable project experience with evidence that your analytical skills were important to project success
- Database development and data modelling at an enterprise scale (SQL and NoSQL)
- Development experience with message queueing products (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- Experience of developing applications to run on enterprise Linux
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP and network routing as well as associated management (IP Anycast design, IBGP network routing protocol, Quagga)
- Enterprise experience of developing applications in Python and Perl
- Experience of Web UI development (Angular, React)
- Experience conducting vendor and open source product evaluations
- Strong proficiency in Linux management and scripting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top