Platform - Data Product Manager - London
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
- Partnering with a business to fully understand its business processes front to back, and working together to discover data gaps that inhibit the achievement of business strategy.
- Formulating and executing plans to close those data gaps and converting business processes and apps towards using those solutions. Holistically selecting tools provided by the Platforms team in the solution to fit business needs, as well as coordinating with Curation experts, platform & business engineers and data product engineers.
- Establishing and governing a critical new function within the Data Intelligence office
- Helping develop the Product Management function of the Data Intelligence office, standards, engagement models, processes
- Understanding and measuring commercial impact of Data curation and Insight development
- Promoting the Data Fabric and driving adoption of the underlying tools, Workflow, PURE, Data Lake • Building strong relationships with Business functions and helping drive and implement the vision of the Data Intelligence Office
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Contribute to a critical new function, Data Intelligence Office, within Engineering
- Product Managing the implementation of the Data Strategy within various businesses
- Become involved early in the process and help shape the standards and policies associated with data product management
- Influence and help drive the development of platforms that support the vision of the Data Intelligence Office
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
- 7+ years of software development experience, with particular focus on data modelling and data curation
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience applying domain-driven design to build complex business applications
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with subject matter experts to extract critical business concepts
- Working knowledge of ORM (Object Relational Mapping) tools to create executable domain models
- Experience with industry standards such as FPML, FIBO and other finance industry standards
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Bachelor's/Master's/MBA in related fields
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top