Platform - Cloud Platforms - Developer
The Cloud Desktop Development team is responsible for strategic application delivery and management of the firm's entire virtual desktop platform. The tools we develop provide the full lifecycle management of virtual desktops, from provisioning through deprovisioning, connection brokering and end user assignment. We provide self-service software delivery and lifecycle of both internally and externally developed packages through integration with the firm's standard software acquisition and SDLC platforms.
With over 4,000 applications, 40,000 users and 100,000 nodes under management, the platform is leveraged broadly across the Firm. This role will require a senior software architect with experience developing complex infrastructure platforms that can drive the technical strategy for a global team of developers.
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- This role offers the motivated candidate a unique opportunity to collaborate with a wide array of stakeholders, including developers (both within Cloud Platforms and from business unit-aligned groups across the division), external vendors, risk advisory professionals, and end users
- Given the use by the entire firm, this role offers the potential for the candidate to have a large impact on directly defining the virtual desktop experience within Goldman Sachs
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong object-oriented application-development skills, ideally with experience in Java. Candidates should have at least three years of practical experience in a role that involved both architecture/design and hands-on development, including writing of technical specifications to drive design discussions to achieve consensus
- Demonstrated experience owning enterprise-class applications and delivering high-availability, fault tolerant, globally accessible services at scale
- Working knowledge of databases (NoSQL or RDBMS), data analytics (e.g. ElasticSearch/Kibana), message brokers (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ), application containers (e.g., Tomcat), Restful services
- Knowledge of coding best practices and standards with the ability to enforce them among the team. Emphasis on code quality and code reviews with a focus on security. Ability to understand all phases of SDLC with experience releasing software into Production environments
- Good sense of user interaction and usability design to provide a seamless end user experience.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience working directly with both technical and non-echnical stakeholders. Experience working collaboratively with a global team
- Candidates should be self-motivated and display initiative, ownership, and flexibility. Ideal candidates will have a history of creative, high-quality execution in situations with time pressure and resource constraints Ability to muti-task and delegate is required
- Front-end Web development experience---especially experience with modern frameworks and approaches towards delivering real-time functionality in a single-page Web application is a plus
- Engineering or DevOps experience, including infrastructure planning, capacity management, and managing scalable distributed systems
- Experience with systems management software products like SCCM. Ability to do rapid prototypes with open-source and vendor products to gauge feasibility of usage within the environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top