Platform - Application Infrastructure - Developer / System Engineer
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Platform is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, Platform solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm's culture of high-caliber software engineering.
Management and design of 3 core technologies for the firm:
- A schedule based cross platform distributed computing system
- An on demand cross platform distributed computing system
- Software distribution
- Engage with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
- Collaborate with application development teams and the development community at large to analyze and resolve escalations
- Provide technical guidance on established best practices to IT community and the business
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
- Design and implement mid to large scale systems management software to automate existing tasks, streamline operations and improve productivity
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization
- Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
- Highly knowledgeable of at least one of Linux, Windows and Solaris, Erlang, Python, Perl, C++, C, Java, SQL, shell scripting or Asynchronous frameworks
- Knowledgeable of many other areas of technology (networking, hardware, etc)
- Experience with distributed compute systems
- At least 5 years of experience in a relevant role (sys administration, cgi programming, etc)
- Highly entrepreneurial and motivated
- Highly organized
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Some systems administration experience
- BSc / MSc / PhD in relevant field (Comp Sci, Maths, Physics)
- Experience managing performance, availability and scale of mid- to large-sized systems
- Proven experience with all stages in the lifecycle of large distributed systems: inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top