Physical Settlements and Announcement Creation - Asset Servicing Analyst/Associate - London
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Asset Servicing is a Securities Trade Management business unit responsible for the management of Voluntary Income and Corporate Actions events across the globe for both equity and fixed income products. The team's role in supporting both internal and external clients throughout the lifecycle of large-scale events, including Mergers and Acquisitions, Shareholder Meetings, and Bankruptcies, provides a unique opportunity to play a part in real-time, impactful market transactions.
Areas of focus for this role include day to day management of the Physical Settlements process. Physical Settlements provide settlement, custody, and, re-registration services across equity and fixed-income securities within EMEA. The function sits within the Asset Servicing department and therefore there will be the opportunity for you to gain experience in the management of Voluntary Income and Corporate Action events across the globe for both equity and fixed income products.
Areas of focus for this role include day to day management of the Physical Settlements process. Physical Settlements provide settlement, custody, and, re-registration services across equity and fixed-income securities within EMEA. The function sits within the Asset Servicing department within the Operations Division.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to broaden product and market knowledge and to develop skills across a broad range of topics. This role also provides exposure to senior stakeholders, offering excellent opportunities for career development. The firm provides a range of development tools including Goldman Sachs University courses and a formal Feedback 360+ review process to enhance depth of knowledge and to equip individuals to progress in their careers.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Ensure timely settlement of certificated transfers via CRESTGUI.
- Facilitating transfer requests of certificated balances.
- Updating and maintaining stock record to reflect positions held for custody/transit items.
- Partnering with multiple internal stakeholders including: Client Assets, Compliance, and, Legal in managing a smooth day-to-day operations.
- Investigation and resolution of breaks reported in reconciliation of all residual balances.
- Train other individuals on various tasks within the workflow of the team.
- Engage in internal/external audit discussions and to manage/accommodate requirements where required.
- Follow through accurately on manual tasks and controls ensuring adherence to firm handling policies and guidelines.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentational skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic to learn
- Ability to take ownership for an issue and problem solve, providing clear and concise explanations of findings.
- Articulate issues clearly and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization (Analyst to Managing Director)
- Time management and ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail whilst juggling multiple client requests
- Asset Servicing experience preferred but not required
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (NOT REQUIRED)
- 1-2 years of Physical/Residual Settlements experience obtained from a financial institution
- Asset Servicing experience
- Understanding of CASS rules and client money requirements
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top