People Technology - LCA Technology - Application Developer
What We Do
Part of People Tech, the Legal Technology team provides engineering solutions targeted specifically to improve throughput and reduce risk for the Legal division in their service to the organization. Additionally, we develop and integrate systems used horizontally across the organization to either leverage legal services, generate or respond to legal related requests and help manage the firm's regulatory and reputational risks, and advise and assist the firm's businesses.
Our team of engineers build solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Legal Technology develops applications and systems that are used by and support Goldman Sachs' global Legal organization. Key applications include legal matter management, document management and ediscovery services.
Practice cutting edge technologies against the Firm's largest data repositories. You will have the opportunity to work in the following specialties: Big Data, Semantic Search, Natural Language Processing, Model Driven Development, Integrated Risk and Controls Platforms, Relationship Modeling, Graph Analytics, Social Network Analysis
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Partner with business stakeholders and work with application development teams to design appropriate solutions
- Architect and build high performing, intuitive systems to solve the legal department's key initiatives
- Adhere to and encourage best practices while participating in the full SDLC
- Opportunity to work on No-SQL databases, micro-services, machine learning and natural language processing technologies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with Java, Python, and RESTful services in UnixLinux environments
- Experience with databases, SQL, and data models and structures
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to partner with stakeholders to define solutions
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Experience with React, Redux, Elastic, Dropwizard, BPMN
- Experience with messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Understanding of applied statistics and fundamental ML principles and techniques
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top