Payments Product Manager - Transaction Banking
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
We aim to build a modern and digital-first cash management solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We're a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury.
- Sets the USD Payments product strategy and works closely with senior leaders to define overall joint product roadmaps to align with Transaction Banking's broader corporate cash management offering
- USD Payments product capabilities include and are not limited to Payment clearing and settlement services globally across different payment rails
- Plan and execute on the USD Payments product roadmap to support client requirements through collaboration across the firm (technology, operation, service, risk, compliance and legal teams at the global level) while developing collaborative working relationships
- Manage Risk and Regulatory items related to the Payments products, including manage inter-team and technology dependencies to mitigate project and product risks
- Leads all USD Payment product development initiatives
- Stays abreast of competitive and strategic trends in the USD Payments market, and incorporates into the innovation and product development pipeline as well as to USD Payment product positioning and pricing strategies
- Develop empathy and understanding of current challenges within Transaction Banking and client personas
- Collaborate across the Firm to develop comprehensive solutions for our clients: tools/products/integrations, APIs, UIs/modals, process change
- Identify and develop new Payments data capabilities aimed at delivering client understanding, context and events
- Prioritize and rationalize USD Product roadmap against business needs, longer term platform health and partnership needs
- Oversee and coordinate the delivery and launch of USD Payments platform that enable clients and partner product teams to succeed and drive revenue for the Firm
- Evangelize digital platform capabilities with our Sales and Servicing partners
- Collaborate with various partner teams to inform client experiences based on our data capabilities
- In an Agile environment, translate between business requirements and technology specifications - in both directions: top-down and bottom-up
Ideal candidate will:
- Develop the Payments product roadmap to include functionality to meet client needs
- Innovate & capture requirements for the client and iterate design and delivery with the Engineering team
- Prioritize different, and possibly competing, requirements to a coherent Payments product delivery
- Translate what an end client requires in terms of business requirements
- Lead and participate in Agile product development sprints for the respective functions
- Collaborate with other product managers to provide an end to end solution
- Payments product manager will resolve conflicts between short-term client requirements and long-term strategic payments product roadmap
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of experience in Payments product management preferably USD clearing/settlement
- MBA or Master's degree
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top