Operations - Treasury Services - Treasury Svcs Mgmt & Change - Vice President- Bengaluru
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
We are looking for a highly analytical, self-starter, strategic & process design expert to join our Treasury Services Change function within Operations. Your role will include working with teams across Operations to identify opportunities for transformation and re-engineering to help teams meet the goals and objectives of the division's strategy.
At Goldman Sachs, our Operations professionals don't just manage processes - we make things possible. Within a dynamic, multi-faceted division we partner with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. For every new product launched and every trade executed it is Operations that develops, manages and continually improves data, processes and controls.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Treasury Services is a sub division of the Operations Division. As a global, multi-faceted and cross-product sub division, our primary objectives are to lead the development of new payments-centric businesses, while building scale and improving agility to adapt to a rapidly changing payment landscape. Treasury Services Change is a global cross-Operations team that acts as a center of change and project management excellence for Operations. TS Change plans and executes Operations projects with significant risk and / or strategy implications in partnership with business units and technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
This role will reside in Treasury Services within Operations, focused on driving changes for the different businesses that are services by Treasury Services. In addition, this group is responsible for the build out of our Transaction banking offering, comprised of account, payment and liquidity services.
- Leverage your strong negotiation and relationship skills as you bring Operations, Engineering and Business project sponsors and stakeholders to the table to build complex solutions while balancing competing priorities
- Showcase your ability to be both practical and aspirational by scoping, defining and planning realistic but aggressive delivery expectations in conjunction with project stakeholders
- Demonstrate your business acumen through expert requirements gathering sessions where you elicit actionable functional specifications that can build real life systems
- Show that you have the ability to see the forest from the trees; understand strategic plans, business, process and architecture while you influence design and develop solutions
- Demonstrate your precision and attention to detail during user acceptance testing and implementation, including building proactive risk mitigation practices into established guideline
- Strong written and oral communication skills with confidence and ability to interact with senior divisional leadership.
- Consistently able to produce high quality design documentation for the project, specifically project updates, requirements and test scripts..
- Strong root-cause analysis and problem-solving skills, coupled with the self-motivation and leadership to drive projects to completion.
- Technical aptitude and ability to partner with and provide sounding board to IT on technical solutions.
- Very organized, able to work independently, and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to deliver while working under pressure to tight deadlines; flexible and able to respond positively to changes / moving targets.
- Demonstrate excellent process and project management skills.
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders outside their direct control.
- Comfortable facilitating project working groups and possesses strong data gathering skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with senior stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills. Capable of identifying and interpreting wider-ranging issues:
- 'Big picture' understanding.
- Provides creative & innovative solutions.
- Ability to formulate the implications of a specific solution across processes, e.g. costs, risk, service.
- Have a proven track record of scoping and driving delivery of projects and achieving results independently, on time and to budget including:
- Strong analytical skills including process analysis. Very strong interest in the underlying detail of the analysis.
- Project management skills including project scope definition; project issues, challenges, risks definition; status reporting; User Acceptance Test execution.
- Strong organization skills - ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Exemplary attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Demonstrate understanding of Operations processes and procedures and an ability to learn quickly.
- Knowledge of products and processes related to the financial services industry would be an advantage, as is related experience in technology strategy or in a client service or business function and / or management consulting.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of job-related operational and compliance procedures.
- Understands and appropriately addresses Goldman Sachs compliance and reputational judgment issues.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top