Operations - Treasury Services - Treasury Services Management and Change - Associate - New York
- New York, NY
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for a franchise critical process. You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams and across the globe to manage the firm's cash payments and receipts each day. You have a strong desire to learn about the firms different businesses and how they support our client and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution.
Treasury Services is a sub division of the Operations Division. As a global, multi-faceted and cross-product sub division, our primary objectives are to: lead the development of new payments-centric businesses, while building scale and improving agility to adapt to a rapidly changing payment landscape; act as a first line of defense for control and governance to protect firms financial assets; and incorporate differentiated client service to be best in class. Treasury Services is a growing subdivision globally, with regional presence in Singapore, Bengaluru, London, New Jersey, New York and Salt Lake City with all our offices working closely together as a global team.
The sub division has a rare opportunity to support products and businesses ranging across existing and new business lines, multiple payment types, and multiple client types, including institutional/franchise, consumer and corporate cash management sectors. We manage a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around cash management (payment controls, bank account management, settlements and reconciliations, claims), change management, regulatory requirements, and industry trends.
- Project management/business analysis of Treasury Services Industry Change projects supporting Consumer, Commercial Banking and Institutional businesses with responsibility for meeting project milestones and contractual deadlines
- Building out and ccontributing to the Industry Change program for our Firmwide payments landscape
- Helping to define business requirements and testing approach/scripts
- Monitoring workstream performance and analyzing risks and barriers to progress
- Drive change with a broad set of stakeholders
- Managing change across multiple plans
- Working to demanding timescales in a fast paces team working environment
- Maintaining a complex project planning document with multiple Managing Director level stakeholders
- Developing reporting and monitoring metrics, identifying issues and making recommendations to resolve
- Lead the delivery of new project management tools and techniques
- Represent the Project Management team to deliver communications and training to the wider program
- Partner with stakeholders to track and deliver joint goals
- Financial industry change experience - either as a PM or Subject Matter Expert, ideally within the payments domain
- Extensive knowledge of SWIFT messaging and/or ISO 20022
- Ability to work across multiple internal and external teams - e.g. Engineering, Compliance, Legal, various businesses, and external parties
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project management and program management skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels and across functions within an organization
- Ability to develop excellent relationships at all levels within an organization
- Ability to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation/execution
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time
- Strong sense of detail and urgency, with the ability to motivate others to deliver
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top