MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations partners with all areas of Goldman Sachs to deliver our institutional, consumer and asset management businesses and to provide a seamless experience for our clients. We manage and process our clients' business, including onboarding, post-trade processing and regulatory compliance. Our teams work closely across the firm to develop and deliver new products and services, while mitigating operational risk and enhancing the client experience. We drive process and technology change to scale and automate our businesses. Operations professionals are either embedded in the revenue division that they support, or they support multiple businesses and are part of core Operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for a franchise critical process. You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams to manage the firm's retail cash payments and receipts each day. You have a strong desire to contribute your cash management and retail transactions experience to support our retail clients and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution.
Treasury Services is a sub division of the Operations Division. As a global, multi-faceted and cross product sub division, the primary objectives are to mitigate payment risk through the active monitoring of retail deposits, lending, or card accounts, executing payments, monitoring adherence to NACHA operating rules, using ACH risk management tools to support AML and Fraud in eliminating fraud loss.
The sub division has a rare opportunity as an independent control to support the Marcus by Goldman Sachs with electronic payments, ACH, Lock box, check, wire, ACH risk management, settlement, clearing and ACH file monitoring in order to mitigate operational money movement risks.
Treasury Services has regional presence in Salt Lake City, Dallas, New York, London, Bengaluru, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and many other offices working closely together.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Supervise payment settlement functions (ACH and SWIFT), perform discrepancy review, approve settlements performed by team members, resolving breaks and exceptions, and managing the accuracy of the firm's books and records.
- Manage escalations and issue recovery and resolution related to payment activities
- Partner with Marcus business vendors to resolve incidents, file errors and rejects and monitoring controls.
- Work directly with the line and cross-functional teams to identify risk gaps and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop procedures, work with various projects team, and assist with building systems and controls to meet new consumer business requirements and onboard industry or regulatory requirements
- Partner with Marcus business, Ledger Operations, Legal, Compliance, and wider Treasury Services organization to ensure accurate execution, reconciliation, and governance of payment settlement activity.
- Build, implement, or maintain procedures to governing the settlement process to strengthen fraud prevention controls globally.
- Develop and coach members of the team by providing real-time feedback and opportunities for progression.
- Responsible for recruitment, interviewing and recommendation of potential new hires to ensure adequate resources for managing the business risks.
- Own vendor relationships and complete monthly KPI reviews for vendor management.
- Coordinate the planning, execution, and post-audit actions of the annual ACH NACHA audit and other payment settlement related audits.
- Bachelor's degree
- Cash Management experience in a regulated banking environment, understanding of basic NACHA operating rules (returns, exception item processing), retail payment experience.
- Knowledge of the U.S. payment system, ACH, checks and wire processing.
- A minimum of 5-7 years cash management experience
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions; able to clearly communicate information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver messages effectively in a verbal and also written format.
- Strong analytic and organizational skills and computer proficiency.
- Clear thinker, problem solver and the ability to work in cross-functional projects and identify process improvements.
- Ability to create and deliver business presentations and communicate effectively
- Inquisitive nature and good listening skills
- Systems savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Critical attention to detail required
- Strong team player
- High energy & motivated, especially in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with SWIFT payment messages and formats, including general cash management and nostro reconciliation
- Experience with firm's proprietary systems to settle payments
- Experience with people management
- MBA preferred
- CTP or AAP or APRP designation preferred
- 8-10 or above years of experience in a large & global financial institution
- Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
- Knowledge of Federal Reserve products and services.
- Previous experience working in cash management with FDIC regulated legal entities.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity