Operations - Treasury Services - Treasury Controls - Associate - Bengaluru
- Bangalore, India
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for a franchise critical process. You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams and across the globe to manage the firm's cash payments and receipts each day. You have a strong desire to learn about the firms different businesses and how they support our client and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution.
Treasury Services is a global, multi-faceted and cross product team within Operations. The primary objective of the team is to deliver smooth payments execution and reconciliation, and tying it back to tight ledger integrity. Treasury Services has regional presence in Salt Lake City, New York, London, Warsaw, Bangalore, Singapore, and Tokyo. Payment Operations serves as the firm's central bank for processing and managing all incoming and outgoing cash movements, and monitoring transactions for compliance to legal and regulatory requirements. Our team also works actively in the payment regulation and payment infrastructure space.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Conduct reviews of sanctions alerts that result from the firm's transaction and reference data sanctions screening processes.
- Work with internal business units located globally to resolve exceptions / issues.
- Using internal GS and third-party research tools, initiate and pursue investigations to resolve complex alerts.
- Working under the supervision of experienced Vice Presidents, liaise with business, operations, and technology divisions to collect information relevant to potential sanctions concerns and provide sanctions-related advice to internal constituencies.
- Present milestone achievements, potential risks, and other critical information to Compliance management and other stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Ensure metrics, deadlines, and record-keeping obligations established by management are met.
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as required, including performing independent research to facilitate sanctions-related due diligence in relation to discrete firm transactions and/or client relationships.
- Prior work experience - professional and relevant payment and reference data sactions experience, in an evolving industry change is a plus.
- BA/BS degree.
- Knowledge on Banking sector, Swifts, Credit Cards, Payment technologies, ACH
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented.
- Ability to remain composed under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong client service orientation.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and an aptitude for learning new systems and applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Well-developed organizational skills is a plus.
- Team-oriented outlook with an ability to work with colleagues in other offices and locations.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top