Operations - Treasury Services - Payments Operations - Analyst/Associate - Salt Lake City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for a franchise critical process. You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams and across the globe to manage the firm's cash payments and receipts each day. You have a strong desire to learn about the firms different businesses and how they support our client and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution.
Treasury Services is a global, multi-faceted and cross product team within Operations. The primary objective of the team is to deliver smooth payments execution and reconciliation, and tying it back to tight ledger integrity. Treasury Services has regional presence in Salt Lake City, New York, London, Warsaw, Bangalore, Singapore, and Tokyo. Payment Operations serves as the firm's central bank for processing and managing all incoming and outgoing cash movements, and monitoring transactions for compliance to legal and regulatory requirements. Our team also works actively in the payment regulation and payment infrastructure space.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Actively assist to develop an overall payments strategy as the industry evolves alongside our business needs
- The ideal individual will assist the management team to build our next generation capabilities in the payments space
- Oversight of payment controls functions including sanctions control.
- Liaise with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance team to resolve payment exception risk
- Manage our daily cash payments and receipts for a particular portfolio
- Work with internal business units to resolve cash settlement exceptions / issues
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BA/BS degree
- Technical knowledge in payments landscape (ACH, Fedwire, SWIFT) and general cash management is expected
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Strong analytical skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Prior work experience in an evolving industry change is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top