Operations - Treasury Services - Fraud Management & Strategy - Vice President - Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, UT
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for a franchise critical process. You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams and across the globe to manage the firm's cash payments and receipts each day. You have a strong desire to learn about the firm's different businesses and how they support our client and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution.
Treasury Services is a sub division of the Operations Division. As a global, multi-faceted and cross product sub division, the primary objectives are to mitigate counterparty credit risk through the active monitoring of clients' derivative and securities financing portfolios while optimizing the firm's liquidity. Treasury Services is currently 300+ staff strong globally, with regional presence in Salt Lake City, Dallas, New York, London, Bangalore, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and many other offices working closely together.
With the firm's growing investment in the payment space, a centralized Cash Controls organization is being created in Treasury Services to help protect the firm's regulatory, financial, and reputational risks from increasing fraud threats and sanctions regulation in the rapidly evolving banking landscape.
The new team will be primarily based in hub locations with high degree of interaction with other divisions and the firm's senior leadership.
New Fraud Center of Excellence responsible for identifying, defining and executing fraud management strategy to prevent and detect fraud utilizing latest technologies and data analytics
This role will be responsible for establishing and building our fraud prevention and detection capabilities and strategy across the firm's cash payments and receipts.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Define and gain senior leadership support for a fraud management strategy and roadmap
- Recruit and staff high performing team to execute strategy and build best in class fraud detection capabilities
- Implement and utilize innovative technology and data analytics solutions
- Establish ability to measure, monitor, and understand fraud losses across the division and employ tools that appropriately quantify and assess loss experience and exposure
- Continuously evaluate and evolve fraud capabilities to keep pace with dynamic landscape
- Effectively identify and protect legitimate customer transactions while maintaining high degree of fraud detection.
- Communicate and interact with external clients, various lines of business, and other financial institutions to verify authenticity of items. Educate clients about fraud issues including online banking safety and take appropriate action to protect clients' accounts.
- Role is required to help build out the global fraud processing team for institutional and transactions banking flows.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of fraud management experience
- Bachelor's degree with financial services experience
- Experience with industry leading fraud detection solutions such as Actimize, Falcon, or Feedzai
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in utilizing statistical analysis tools such as SAS and programming languaged such as R / Python is a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top