Operations Technology - Senior Project Manager / Business Analyst - London
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- This role offers a high profile opportunity to lead projects which involve various businesses and entities within the firm. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with various teams in Technology, Technology Risk, Compliance, HCM, and Legal.
- This role requires an experienced professional with well-developed project management, risk management, and data analysis skills. Strong communication skills are also needed, as the role will involve working closely with team members in many other groups in the firm.
- Managing the initiation, planning, execution, monitor/control, and close out of the Entity Uplift workstream
- Facilitate project scope definition and project plan development (inclusive of scope, design, schedule, budget, resource plan, issues & process)
- Partnering with technology teams other groups in the firm to ensure project risks (e.g., execution, technology, license) are identified and addressed
- Manage communication, which includes dissemination of related project documentation and distributing status reports, meeting notes
- Leading regular project status meetings ensuring all risks and issues are escalated and addressed in a timely manner
- Providing structure to projects by working with teams to develop project plans
- Developing and maintaining status reports, dashboards or presentations for senior management to ensure transparency on the delivery of commitments and any risks
- Being flexible to contribute to other activities within the group where necessary (e.g. project management training, developing communications)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 7 years work experience successfully driving projects
- Must have experience in coordinating work across multiple disciplines or organizations and be adept at building consensus across organizational and functional lines
- Must have experience with managing client expectations and communicating effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to translate business requirements into a project plan which includes all milestones, dependencies, and resources; manage the execution of the plan
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow through skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products
- Experience of GS system flows, products and businesses. Programme/Project management experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top