Operations - Securities - Prime Services Ops - Listed Derivatives - Analyst - Salt Lake City
Are you looking to join a dynamic and fast paced team, applying your analytical and problem solving skills for maximum impact, whilst deepening your knowledge of Listed Derivatives products. Listed Derivatives Operations is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with our business and other internal and external stakeholders to provide market leading business enablement and risk and control services.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Listed Derivatives Operations provides operational support to a wide variety of internal and external clients who execute transactions on approximately 50 Global Derivatives Exchanges. The team is responsible for real-time risk management of executions, trade allocation, query facilitation/resolution, reconciliations and position management. The team also has a significant role in client on-boarding, new product / market implementation, IT initiatives and process improvement through consultation and project management.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the operational process lifecycle of Listed Derivatives by interacting with traders and clients, in addition to, legal, compliance, and other federation teams in order to work toward the shared goal of business enablement and risk mitigation.
- Partner with a team of product experts to review all operational process aspects of Listed Derivative trades while gaining strong technical knowledge, risk control and commercial awareness.
- Work effectively with global teams to provide exceptional real-time risk management to protect the firm and the firm’s clients.
- Use your inquisitive mind set to identify efficiency opportunities with respect to process flow methodology as well as enhance scalability
- Leverage your quantitative skills to decompose complex regulatory and operational process requirement, and propose creative, robust solutions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications•Excellent process & risk manager
- Proven at managing processes with various levels of automation
- Proven to be an effective time manager – BAU, mandatory/discretionary projects
- Effective at managing stakeholders in a matrix organization (Business partners, Technology, Operations Managers)
- Proven ability to re-engineer manual processes with an eye on automation
- Proven communicator – written, verbal, presentation
- Good understanding of managing risk (financial, reputational, client service)
- Assertive personality that is able to grasp detailed concepts quickly and operate consensually / within a collaborative and time sensitive environment
- Enjoys working in a very fast paced and dynamic environment
Preferred Qualifications•Listed Futures & Options Operations experience a plus, but not required
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top