Operations - Securities Division Operations - Transaction Control: Tradeable Usage & Tx Control - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
OPERATIONSOperations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of derivative products? We are seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with traders, strategists and structure's to mitigate operational risk by ensuring appropriate trade usage and accurate trade booking. This individual will also work closely with technology and strategists to improve work-flows to become more efficient and implement more robust controls.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow. Tradeable Usage & Tx Control is a cross product high-value risk management team in Operations that mitigates the risk associated with the trade booking and legal documentation of structured derivative transactions through independent and thorough review. Tradeable Usage & Tx Control works closely with trading to improve trade booking accuracy and ensure appropriate tradeables are being used to validate that all significant terms are being captured in the booking.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the life cycle of a trade by interacting with traders, strategists, sales and structurers in addition to middle office, legal, product control and documentation teams in order to work toward the shared goal of risk mitigation
- Partner with a team of product experts to review all economic aspects of derivative trades while gaining strong exotic derivatives knowledge and financial risk awareness
- Showcase your attention to detail by ensuring all trade economics, pay-off profiles and pricing factors are correctly captured in the risk management system
- Use your inquisitive mind set to identify control weaknesses with respect to booking methodology as well as discrepancies in the legal documentation
- Leverage your quantitative skills to decompose complex structured transaction payoffs and propose creative, robust booking solutions
- Work in a strong team setting to develop a deeper understanding of complex transactions and work with our business partners to automate and improve our existing processes
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS & EXPERIENCES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years of experience in financial services
- Proven analytical skill, problem solving ability and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to effective manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Quantitative educational background
- Pursuing CFA, FRM or CQF
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top