Operations - Securities Division Operations - Trading Control Ops - Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to broaden your technical understanding of the Client Commission Management organization? CCM is looking for an analyst to join the team. You will have the opportunity to learn about Client Commission Arrangements and facilitate payments to vendors.
OUR IMPACT The Client Commission Management business unit is seeking an analyst to join the team in Salt Lake City. The position includes helping drive the strategy of an evolving organization, and partnering with many stakeholders to meet the needs of the business. This includes regular interaction with various GS teams including the Sales Desk, Operations, and Technology as well as interaction with external parties such as 3rd party vendors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Risk Management - Manage the risk of multiple functions that span the life cycle of a vendor payment (i.e. commission reconciliation, invoice matching, payment submission)
- Strategy - Providing thoughtful leadership to execute on and grow the CCM strategy
- Realignment to new Sec Ops Org Structure - Realign functions from other teams within and outside of the Business unit
- Establish New Controls for Sec Ops - Partner with Technology to design, build, and operate effective controls in a STP environment
- Redefine Roles within Organization - Provide control design expertise; responsible for the implementation of the control framework as part of new business/activities and migration to strategic architecture
- Create new Roles within Organization - Develop Business Intelligence capabilities that would identify risk derived from the correlation of quantitative and qualitative data
- Industry/Regulatory Change Management - Keep abreast of regulatory change and participate in industry forums
- Industrialization - Champion reengineering programs with the goal of increasing efficiencies globally
- Relationship Management - Foster relationships across multiple areas in the Firm including trading desks, operations, technology, legal, and compliance departments and global groups
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- BS/BA degree
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Risk management focus
- Capability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized individual with attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to balance tactical and strategic thinking
- Proactive, self-motivated individual with high levels of ownership, and driven to achieve
- Project management skills
- Experience with change management or process improvement a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top