Operations, Securities Division Operations, SecDiv Ops Local Markets, Associate/ Analyst - Shanghai
Are you looking to apply your quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills while deepening your knowledge of financial products and services in the growing China market? Our Trade Support team is seeking a professional to support the on-shore trading activities in the listed and OTC markets. The function involves trade confirmation, trade settlement, investigation and resolution of trade breaks and supporting the trading desk and clients for various inquiries.
Our team of critical thinkers partner with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics and reporting and data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
China Operations supports all product lines on and off Exchanges in the fast paced and rapidly growing China financial market. Serving as an internal business partners, we develop the processes and controls and help to specify the systems infrastructures that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity in our business executions in China.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Ensure all executions are reconciled
• Ensure all trades settle, with any exceptions escalated in a timely manner
• Identify gaps in processing and make recommendations to close those gaps
• Establish relationships with brokers, custodians and vendors to streamline workflow wherever possible
• Participate in projects, e.g. Architecture review, Process automation, etc.
• Maintain department procedures and provide regular management reporting to senior Operations managers and the business
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Must have attention to detail and good follow up skills
• Demonstrate initiative and ownership of issue resolution
• Self-motivated and driven to achieve
• Analytical in identifying solutions to problems
• Ability to manage pressure and prioritize multiple tasks daily
• Team-player, excellent communication skills
• Excellent spoken and written English and Mandarin.
• Minimum 2-4 years' Operations experience gained from China onshore securities brokers, or from onshore international custodian banks, with QFII or asset management custodian services experience
• Understanding of local regulatory and market practice preferred
• SAC qualified or ability to acquire within a short period of hiring preferred
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top