Operations - Securities Division Operations - Prime Services Ops - VP - SLC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Prime Brokerage and Clearing Middle Office is part of Securities Division Operations (SDO) and is responsible for post trade risk management for cash equity trades and providing best-in-class client service. The team works with internal and external stakeholders to mitigate the risk associated with unmatched trades. The risk management process begins on trade date and extends through the lifecycle of the trade from trade entry through settlement, including associated post settlement events that may occur. Internal stakeholders include Settlements, Securities Lending, Client Service Operations and Asset Servicing, in addition to the Prime Brokerage business unit (GSS) and technology teams. External stakeholders include clients and executing brokers.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 7 years of full time work experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint Role and Responsibilities As a Vice President your primary responsibilities will be:
- People Management: responsible for career development and planning for the Analyst and Associates in the team.
- Client Service: providing best-in-class client service by ensuring maintenance of service level agreements (SLAs), pro-actively managing client queries and taking ownership of client escalation.
- Risk Management: responsible for real-time risk monitoring of cash equity trades and proactive escalation. This will involve day-to-day oversight of production, producing and reviewing risk reporting and acting as a point of escalation for the team. Expectation is that strong relationships are developed with the business, technology and downstream Operations teams.
- Change Management: Execution of projects and initiatives to introduce efficiency and improve the Team's risk management framework.
- People Management: Experience and track record of successful people management. -
- Time Management: Ability to meet multiple deadlines and able to manage line related projects for efficiency/control improvements.
- Execution Focus: Proven ability to execute on production and project work.
- Risk Management: Knowledge of financial and operational risk together with frameworks, tools and methods to pro-actively manage risk.
- Client Service: Take responsibility for delivering best in class client experience, using innovative approaches to identify and address trends in client behavior.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication and an ability to communicate technical information in a simple way.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top