Operations - Securities Division Operations - Prime Services Ops - Analyst - SLC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Prime Brokerage & Clearing Middle Office is seeking a highly skilled individual to engage in client communication and risk management. The role will include daily ownership of trade lifecycle exceptions and fail management for a set client base across the Prime Brokerage and/or Prime Clearing spectrum. The individual would be expected to partner with internal stakeholders to analyze thematic issues and work to implement enhancements within current workflows.
The individual would be expected to learn quickly, to efficiently manage time and prioritize, to effectively navigate the organization, and demonstrate a strong desire to learn. The individual will be exposed to global markets across listed cash equity and fixed income products. The role requires strong communication skills and a focus on partnership with both internal teams and external clients.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Prime Brokerage Clearing Services Operations provides clearing, execution and custody services for all major products across over 75 exchanges. Clients include hedge funds, asset managers, governments, corporates, broker dealers, Goldman Sachs franchise traders, other professional investors and market markers. Operations teams supporting the Prime Brokerage and Clearing Services business are responsible for providing centralized securities clearing and settlement, managing cash inflows and payments, and maintaining the accuracy of clients' positions and transactions. While interacting with various parties such as clients, clearing houses, Securities Division and Technology, Prime Brokerage Operations helps the firm and clients to manage risk exposed across these markets and products.
The candidate will be involved in trade lifecycle management (including client trade exceptions, pre-settlement and fails management) by interacting with clients, counterparty brokers, client service and various Operations teams to manage risk exposed across these markets and products. Additionally, the candidate would be expected to partner with other stakeholder teams (including Securities Division and Technology) to identify/resolve thematic issues, and work to implement enhancements to increase efficiency in current processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Establish excellent working relationships with multiple areas across the Firm including our business partners, technology and other teams within Operations
- Provide high level of service to external clients and internal stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise related to the implementation of new processes, global consistency, risk management, efficiency, and technology convergence initiatives among other projects
- Work closely with stakeholder teams to identify/resolve system issues, and work to implement system enhancements to increase efficiency in current processes
- Continual process analysis to improve control, scalability and efficiency
- Bachelor degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Sharepoint
- Proven skills in driving process improvements through to implementation
- Strong risk management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop both tactical and strategic solutions to issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm and a strong desire to learn
- Contributes to the effectiveness of the team by working closely with colleagues by sharing information, skills, and responsibilities
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top