Operations - Securities Division Operations - Prime Services - Listed Derivatives - Analyst/Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking to join a dynamic and fast paced team, applying your analytical and problem solving skills for maximum impact, whilst deepening your knowledge of Listed Derivatives products. Listed Derivatives Operations is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with our business and other internal and external stakeholders to provide market leading business enablement and risk and control services.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics and reporting and data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management. Listed Derivatives Operations provides operational support to a wide variety of internal and external clients who execute transactions on approximately 50 Global Derivatives Exchanges.
The team is responsible for real-time risk management of executions, trade allocation, query facilitation /resolution, reconciliations and position management. The team also has a significant role in client on-boarding, new product / market implementation, IT initiatives and process improvement through consultation and project management.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the operational process life-cycle of Listed Derivatives by interacting with traders and clients, in addition to, legal, compliance, and other federation teams in order to work toward the shared goal of business enablement and risk mitigation.
- Partner with a team of product experts to review all operational process aspects of Listed Derivative trades while gaining strong technical knowledge, risk control and commercial awareness.
- Work effectively with global teams to provide exceptional real-time risk management to protect the firm and the firm's clients.
- Use your inquisitive mind set to identify efficiency opportunities with respect to process flow methodology as well as enhance scalability.
- Leverage your quantitative skills to decompose complex regulatory and operational process requirement, and propose creative, robust solutions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent process & risk manager
- Proven at managing processes with various levels of automation
- Proven to be an effective time manager - BAU, mandatory/discretionary projects
- Effective at managing stakeholders in a matrix organization (Business partners, Technology, Operations Managers)
- Proven ability to re-engineer manual processes with an eye on automation
- Proven communicator - written, verbal, presentation
- Good understanding of managing risk (financial, reputational, client service)
- Assertive personality that is able to grasp detailed concepts quickly and operate consensually / within a collaborative and time sensitive environment
- Enjoys working in a very fast paced and dynamic environment
- Listed Futures & Options Operations experience a plus, but not required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top