Operations - Securities Division Operations - Listed Derivatives Ops - Client Clearing Services - Sr. Associate - Jersey City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
A re you looking to work in a dynamic team and to contribute to providing an outstanding client experience? Our Client Services Operations team is seeking a professional who is motivated, ambitious and excited about contributing to our business and as part of a team that is responsible for driving change within a demanding and complex environment.
O UR IMPACT
The Client Clearing Services team serves as a single point of contact support model for clients clearing listed derivatives products through GS. The primary responsibility of the CCS team is to offer day to day support for our clients and strategically partner with them to enhance overall service levels.
T he team acts in partnership with a wide variety of groups across the firm globally, with daily interaction across other Operations teams, Technology, Legal, and Compliance as well as with Business Leadership for the businesses that we support. Operations are heavily involved in new product initiatives and process improvements to streamline our support model. The role provides plenty of opportunities to work in a dynamic team and provide an outstanding client experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Build, maintain and enhance client relationships with new and existing clients
- Provide clients with a single point of contact for a wide range of operational issues and account management queries, including but not limited to margin agreement and position breaks
- Educate clients on enhancements to the GS offering
- Compile and analyze metrics to assess client efficiency and experience. Leverage metrics to identify optimal operational channels, driving improvement in client processes and experience
- Liaise with Core Operations groups such as Trade Management, Income & Expense, Central Accounts Group and Control to resolve queries. Interact with the Business, Sales, Legal and Compliance teams to ensure that commercial opportunities can be facilitated under controlled conditions
- Work independently, or with team members and management, on strategic projects and process improvement initiatives to reduce risk and/or improve client service delivery.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Degree in a relevant subject matter
- Ideal candidate will have worked in a Client Service position previously or have worked in a trade / post trade environment and have a demonstrated service skillset
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of listed derivative products, including but not limited to the margin process, clearing post execution trade flows and/or brokerage process for futures
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus -effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients and manages client/business expectations as well as being able to view problems through the eyes of the client
- Teamwork -Strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges the contributions of others
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity & Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top