Operations - Securities Division Operations - IRP Operations - IRP Sales and Trading Services - Analyst - New York
Are you looking to for an opportunity to be part of a team that works directly with institutional clients, sales & trading desks, technology and other business partners to offer best in class client service, solve complex problems and influence change? This is a great opportunity for an analytical/client service individual to utilize their professional skills by controlling risks and driving efficiencies in a fast paced environment.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Within Securities Divisional Operations, the IRP Sales and Trading Services team provides risk management by facilitating the intraday processing and exception management of trade breaks both internally and externally for Interest Rate Derivatives. Various operational reconciliations are performed on trade date and post trade date to ensure successful trade flow and books and records balancing. Additionally, the team works closely with legal, compliance and other federation teams to interpret and implement key operational controls to support various Dodd Frank regulations such as Mandatory Clearing, Mandatory SEF execution/10min clearing. The team also executes various projects aimed at balance sheet optimization (LCH/CME risk free netting and coupon blending, inter affiliate clearing, risk hubbing, etc.) and gaining operational efficiency.
The team works closely with team members across regional offices in London and Asia to facilitate the above functions. Analysts support a cross section of products ranging from highly complex structured transactions to more vanilla cleared Interest rate Derivatives. Associates/Analysts are required to develop a strong product, industry, and technical knowledge in order to facilitate the transaction flow and to anticipate and avoid potential trade problems. This position requires a high degree of communication with traders and salespeople in a fast paced setting and ongoing interaction with other Operations teams, Compliance, Credit, and Technology to resolve issues arising from trade execution, client queries, and new business. In addition, we are looking for a strong candidate that can help to drive workflow improvement across the organization.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
- Work with Client, Sales/Trading desks and other stakeholders to resolve any open questions/issues
- Become a subject matter expert to mitigate risk and drive efficiencies
- Manage real-time trade booking exceptions internally between the trading desk and sales force
- Monitor and control operational risk throughout the trade processing life cycle
- Collaborate with our technology and business partners to enhance systems and workflows
- Engage in various industry and regulatory initiatives in a constantly changing environment
- Collaborate with technology teams on the implementation of process flow improvements and efficiencies
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and creative approach with very high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills along with the ability to use discretion and good judgment
Preferred Qualifications• At least 2-5 years of work experience in Finance or related field
- Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel, and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top