Operations, Securities Division Operations, Futures Operations, Analyst - Shenzhen
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in Shenzhen where you will help support the clearing and settlement of futures and options contracts in China markets? We are looking for a highly motivated individual, who is a team player. This person needs to multi-task well, have excellent client service skills and possess good organizational skills and be able to adapt quickly to an ever-changing list of issues. Additionally, the role will require extensive coordination and communication with various operations teams and professionals across the firm.
The Futures Operations team's primary daily responsibilities include processing, validating and settling futures transactions. The team has extensive interaction with internal and external parties to ensure effective oversight for existing business but also to shape and implement solutions for new products, strategies and systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
- Day to day client service
- Margin monitoring, payment processing and management of client margin calls
- Daily Settlement & Reconciliation of Futures accounts and Bank accounts
- Management & Regulatory reporting
- Participate in project initiatives designed to improve efficiency and controls
- Act as escalation point to management for identified risk, breaks or discrepancies
- 1 - 4+ years' experience in the financial services industry - preferably with an Operations or Controllers background.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Familiar with Chinese financial markets regulatory landscape
- Preferably has obtained the China Futures Association entitlement license
- Experience in Commodities market or Physical Delivery of Futures Contract is highly regarded
- Experience in dealing with external institutional/WOFE/QFII clients would be a plus
- Some experience of change management
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top