Operations - Securities Division Operations - Fixed Income Securities Operations - Trade Processing - Associate
Are you looking to for an opportunity to be part of a team that works directly with institutional clients, sales & trading desks, technology and other business partners to offer best in class client service, solve complex problems and influence change? This is a great opportunity for an analytical/client service individual to utilize their professional skills by controlling risks and driving efficiencies.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Within Securities Divisional Operations, the Fixed Income Securities Operations Office team supports Bonds Sales & Trading efforts and acts as the first point of contact for Goldman Sach's institutional clients for all post execution services from trade confirmation, allocation, fails management to trade settlement. The team works closely with team members across regional offices in London, Asia, and New York, Jersey City to facilitate the above functions. Analysts support a cross section of products including Bonds, Muni's, Mortgage Backed Securities, and Commercial Paper etc. Associates/Analysts are required to develop a strong product, industry and technical knowledge in order to facilitate the transaction flow and to anticipate and avoid potential trade problems. This position requires a high degree of communication with trading counterpart and salespeople as well as ongoing interaction with other Operations teams, trading, Compliance, Credit, and Technology to resolve issues arising from trade execution, client queries, and new business. In addition, we are looking for a strong candidate that can help to drive workflow improvement across the organization.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Liaise with trading, sales, sales middle office, operations, settlements, and brokers to resolve trade exceptions
- Become a subject matter expert to mitigate risk and drive efficiencies
- Manage real-time trade booking exceptions internally between the trading desk and sales force, as well as externally on Fixed Income Clearing Corporation's Real Time Trade Matching System
- Responsible for verbal broker checkout on trade date and trade confirmation on settlement date for broker trade executions as well as all subsequent follow up to ensure settlement
- Monitor and control operational risk throughout the trade processing life cycle
- Collaborate with our technology and business partners to enhance systems and workflows
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications•Bachelor's degree
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and creative approach with very high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills along with the ability to use discretion and good judgment
Preferred Qualifications•At least 2-5 years of work experience in Finance or related field
- Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel, and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top