Operations - Securities Division Operations - Fees & Commissions Ops - Income & Expense Team - Analyst - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to for an opportunity to be part of a team that works directly with exchanges, auditors, legal teams, and other business partners to solve complex problems and influence change? This is a great opportunity for a systems savvy individual to apply their financial and accounting skills and contribute to process improvement projects.
The Income & Expense Team is responsible for the calculation of commissions related to our futures businesses. The accurate management of commissions is critical to the profitability of our organization. The team manages coding of commissions and the documentation of legal agreements required to pay and charge clients/brokers accurately at all times.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Provide timely client or business query support
- Enhance and improve our processes and functions by becoming a technical expert
- Collaborate with our technology and business partners as well as external contacts to improve strategic process workflows
- Initiate legal agreements, ensure accurate commission coding, rebate/charge calculation, collections and posting SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree
- Proactive, enthusiastic approach with very high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and execute daily tasks without a routine checklist to follow
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills along with the ability to use discretion and good judgment Preferred Qualifications
- 3 years' experience in banking, accounting, financial services or related fields
- Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top