Operations - Securities Division Operations - Fees and Commissions - Client Commission Management - Analyst - Salt Lake City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to for an opportunity to be part of a team that works directly with exchanges, finance teams, technology teams, and other business partners to solve complex problems and influence change? Fees and Commission Operations is seeking a professional who is looking for an opportunity to apply their financial and risk management skills and contribute to process improvement projects.
The Client Commission Management business unit is seeking an analyst to join the team in Salt Lake City. The position includes helping execute the strategy of an evolving organization, and partnering with many stakeholders to meet the needs of the business. This includes regular interaction with various GS teams including GIR, the Sales Desk, Operations, and Technology as well as interaction with external parties such GIR clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Risk Management: Manage the risk of multiple functions that span the life cycle of a vendor payment (i.e. commission reconciliation, invoice matching, payment submission)
- Control Implementation: Responsible for the execution of the control framework as part of new business/activities and migration to strategic architecture
- Establish New Controls for Ops: Partner with Technology to design, build and operate effective controls in a STP environment
- Business Intelligence: Partner with BI team to develop Business Intelligence capabilities for the new process that would identify risk derived from the correlation of quantitative and qualitative data
- Relationship Management: Foster relationships across multiple areas in the Firm including GIR, Client Commission Management, Operations and Technology
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BS/BA degree
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Risk management focus
- Capability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized individual with attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to balance tactical and strategic thinking
- Proactive, self-motivated individual with high levels of ownership, and driven to achieve
- Project management skills
- Experience with change management or process improvement a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top